Friday, July 8, 2011

Cain Commits to Support Eileen & Mark Dargon Rights as Residents in Ward 3

I was saddened to read the article where Eileen & Mark Dargon were sharing some of their frustrations, as residents living on Brook Street. I phoned Eileen a few days ago, and got an earful of the reality that the family is experiencing. I stopped by the house, which I told Eileen I would do, but they weren't home. I parked my car, and with my camera, observed some of the issues she had shared.
If you haven't read the article, attached is an Attached is an excerpt:
"I read with interest of the plan to renovate the Quincy T stop and my blood began to boil.

Does anyone running this city realize that there is more to Quincy than Quincy Center?
Example: Wollaston T does not even have handicap accessibility. Streets and sidewalks are an embarrassment.

Looking for a job? Don’t look in Quincy. I’ve lost three jobs since last July when employers went bankrupt, or I was laid off from lack of business in the “Square.”
Trying to keep your neighborhood clean and nice? Not in Quincy. Illegal boarding houses run rampant in the Wollaston T area. When I call the city on these houses, I am treated like I have done something wrong.

The trash and the loitering near the T and playgrounds is a whole other story. No barrels for trash makes for a disgusting walk with a dog.

The city is well aware of the problems in the Wolly T area and seem to make barely, if any, effort to do anything.

City Councilor Kevin Coughlin has done an amazing job of responding to complaints, but he can only do so much. If the rest of the city could somehow manage to get together and share info, I’m sure a lot of the problems could be addressed better.".

I plan to do whatever I can for them now, to protect their rights!!! When elected to the Ward 3 City Council by you, I plan to attack many of these issues, because I would have more time to work on them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment